SERG currently has the following job openings
In The Netherlands, almost all PhD positions are linked to funded research projects. This has several implications:
- PhD students are employed: they receive a salary rather than a grant. Most projects have a duration of 4 years.
- Positions become available once a project is funded. This can happen at any time during the year.
- It typically takes 6 to 9 months for a project proposal to receive funding. In this period, a position may be anticipated but the outcome remains insecure. Once a project is funded, the open position needs to be filled as soon as possible.
If you are interested in our software engineering research, it merits to inquire whether openings will be available. We collect resumes of prospective PhD students throughout the year, for each of our research tracks.
We make our selection based on the following requirements:
- Formal requirements regarding prior education: you should have earned an MSc thesis at a recognized institute for higher education.
- Background: you should have a strong background in software engineering in general and topics such as program analysis, program transformations, software architecture, empirical methods, reverse engineering, or related field
- Excellence: your Grade-Point-Average should be above 8 (out of 10). Also your MSc thesis should have received a grade above 8 (out of 10).
- English: you should be able to communicate well in English (written and oral)
- Originality: your MSc thesis or later work (publications) should reflect some original ideas. Critical and independent thinking is very important.
- Team player: you should be able to work well in a team of other project members.
Your resume should contain contact information of prior advisors/supervisors who can provide feedback.